Research Assistant (PhD position) in Plant Ecology/Dendroecology
The group Plant Ecology and Ecosystems Research at the Albrecht-von-Haller-Institute for Plant Sciences, Georg-August-University Göttingen welcomes applications for a
Research Assistant (PhD position) (f/m/d)
with 65 % of the regular working time (corresponding to 25,87 hours/week, approx. 1800€ monthly net salary) with a limited contract for 3 years (36 months). The earliest starting date will be 01/10/2021. The position is remunerated with E 13 TV-L. The position can serve the qualification of young scientists and offers the possibility of a doctorate.
- Very good degree (M.Sc. or equivalent) in biology, geo-/landscape ecology, environmental sciences, geography, forestry or in a similar field of study
- Scientific background in plant ecology and/or dendrosciences
- Willingness and ability for multi-day business travel and for taking samples independently in the field
- High degree of organizational skills and ability to work in a team in order to coordinate the extensive experiment
- Ability to perform statistical data analysis
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- Car driver's license or willingness to acquire in the near future
Ideally desired skills:
- Experience with dendrochronological methods, i.e., a good understanding of tree growth–climate relationships
- Experience in experimental plant ecology (climate chambers/experimental garden)
- Solid knowledge of R or comparable statistical program and experience with analysing larger data sets, if applicable
- Knowledge in fine root analysis
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life. The mission of the University is to employ a greater number of severely disabled persons. Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.
Applications with the usual documents are requested until 9 August 2021, preferably in electronic form by e-mail (a single PDF file), to Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Abteilung Pflanzenökologie und Ökosystemforschung, Dr. Robert Weigel, Grisebachstr. 1, 37077 Göttingen, e-mail: email@example.com.
In case of further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the full job post at the university's homepage: https://www.uni-goettingen.de/de/305402.html?cid=15648
With submission of your application, you accept the processing of your applicant data in terms of data-protection law. Further information on the legal basis and data usage is provided in the Information General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)